2D Lingual Bracket System
TMD Dysfunction Friday 6th March 2020
NimrodDental presents a course on the treatment of TMJ Dysfunction
Effective tretment of TMJ disorders including bruxism
An Orthopaedic Treatment Approach for an Orthopaedic Condition
Presented by Dr Patrick Grossmann BDS D.Orth RCS
This course is equivalent to 6 CPD's
Location: NimroDental, 19/20 Berners Street, London W1T 3NW
Date: Friday 27th September 2019
Course I: 9am to 1pm – the theory
Topics to be covered:
Basic anatomy and function of the TM joint
Patient examination of the joint and associated muscalature including trigger points
Neurological/otological and musculoskeletal manifestation of the TM disorders
MRI interpretation of disc position
Treatment options for temporomandibular disorders
*Course II: 2pm to 5pm – hands on
(Please note that there are limited spaces on Course II)Topics to be covered:
- Splint manufacture
- Splint fitting/realignering
- Pull forward splint (MARA)
- Pivot (flat plane) splint (Verticaliser)
- When to use each splint and for how long?
- How to equilibrate splints – chairside
- The Hybrid Garcia Appliance for Nocturnal Parafunction.
Dr Patrick Grossmann BDS D.Orth RCS
Patrick Grossmann qualified in 1974 from University College Hospital Dental School, London University, as a Bachelor of Dental Surgery following which he received his Diploma of Orthodontics in 1978. In that year he was awarded a Scholarship to continue his studies at the University of Freiburg in Breisgau, Germany.
His interest in the treatment of patients with cranio-facial pain and jaw joint dysfunction was stimulated by his later father, Dr W Grossmann, Consultant Orthodontist, University College Hospital and Professor James Moss.
In 1980, he was appointed Sentio Dental Officer for South London Health Aurthority, a part-time position he held for 15 years whilst maintaining a private practice in London.
His interest in the treament of patients with craniofacial pain was stimulated by his 25 year collaboration with Dr Brendon Stack, DDS, co-founder fo the Americal Academy of Craniofacial pain.
Patrick Grossmann co-founded the British Society for the Study of Craniomandibular Disorders in 1992, a group including dentists, orthodontists, osteopath, chiropractitioners and other healthcare workers. The BSSCMD which hosts regular meeting with International speakers has at its core the objective of bringing an appreciaion and understanding of the complexities of Craniomandibular dysfunction (CMD) to all healthcare professionals. CMD is multifaced and overlaps numerous disciplines; dental, medical and surgical. For this reason, he is particularly pleased to have been invited by the BSEM to participate their autumn 2016 Oral Health Conference.
To find out more about Dr Grossmann or to see a video, please go to: www.patrickGrossmann.com
"I very much liked Dr. Grossmann's earnest and modest style. He is certainly an expert, understated and also very approachable. I would love to learn more from him. It was a privilege to be able to attend his course"
Dr L Y-K C
To book please email: HTully@nimrodental.co.uk
*For Course II, delegates need to bring:
Lower splint (with ball clasps or pull down) made on their own lower teeth
6” ruler with mm scale.
NimroDENTAL now provides 3D printed Drill Guides cooperating with many implant systems.
- Increase stability and confidence during the drilling procedure
- Increase accuracy, especially where limited space present on bone
- Prevent potential surgical complications and incorrect data
- Allow drilling with flapless technique, ultimately shortening operation time and making the healing period significantly shorter
- Are ideal for ‘fast & Fix’ or ‘immediate loading’ cases
Some implant courses we recommend are listed below.
Powerprox Six Month Braces uses time tested techniques combined with the latest in orthodontic materials and technologies to move teeth quickly and safely. Many of the components pieces that make up Powerprox Six Month Braces have actually been used in orthodontics for over 60 years. Powerprox Six Month Braces simply puts these pieces together in a new and exciting way.Take the course here
NimroDENTAL Clear Aligners course
We provide an online course covering the basic aspects of Clear Aligner orthodontic treatment, guiding you through cases of all difficulties with clear visual examples. During the course you will be guided through the following topics:
- Case Selection
- Clinical procedures
- Record Taking
- How the lab process works from Impression to Aligner
- NimroDENTAL Clear Aligner specific movement possibilities with examples
- Technical and Clinical support
- IPR techniques
After the course you should know:
- How NimroDENTAL track the progress of the case to make sure your patient's treatment runs as smoothly as possible with the best results
- The kind of treatment plans we provide
- The specific movement possibilities with clear visual examples
- Our costs of Clear Aligners and treatment planning
- Details of the free marketing we provide